APD 120F3x ESC V2
The improved F Series 120F3[X] ESCs build upon APD’s trusted ARM 32-bit architecture. The V2 release introduces a number of requested features into the product range, including configuration options, bi-directional DShot, and UART overvoltage protection. The 120F3[X]v2 ESCs are drop-in replaceable to preceding 120F3[X] units.
Existing features include PWM-frequency dithering and Active Phase-Current Demagnetisation, allowing for smooth control with virtually all powertrain combinations with peak power outputs of up to 9 kW.
New Feature Set (V2)
• Configuration of drive parameters, signal types and fault handling
• Bi-Directional DShot for RPM Filtering support
• On board bootloader
• Passthrough firmware updating and configuration
• Additional Telemetry types: PWM Telemetry and RPM Output
• High-speed telemetry rates when operating DShot and ProShot
• Reversible operation support (full forwards to full reverse)
• Dynamic signal quality checks across supported input protocols
• Hardware protection for UART programming pins
Existing Feature Set
• Designed and manufactured in Australia using only the highest quality components, ensuring no sacrifice in reliability
• Proprietary firmware designed in Australia
• Plug and play firmware
• Up to 12S (50.4 V) capable
• Up to 120 A continuous* output current
• 200 A Burst current
• True 10-bit resolution
• Virtually no setup time, with a simple motor reverse solder tab
• Auto-detect ProShot or DShot
• ProShot1000 capable (1Mbs/s)
• DShot150 to DShot600 capable (0.15-0.6Mbs/s)
• Up to 750,000 eRPM (protocol dependant)
• Motor agnostic
• Auto PWM output frequency
• Auto timing advance
• Telemetry output
• Automatic current limiting and over-temperature protection
• LED indication
• Digital commands over ProShot (including anti-turtle mode)
• Digital commands over DShot
• Bare-PCB design to allow maximum integration within the end setup
• 8-Layer PCB to ensure minimal track resistance
* Continuous current ratings are at a 100% throttle duty cycle. Continuous rating is defined as max sustained current at 100% throttle for 60 seconds with 33 m/s of airflow.
Peak power ratings defined at 100% throttle, where bus current = phase current. Requires proper sizing of motor to load.
(*) Continuous amps defined as amperage sustainable for 180 seconds with adequate cooling to keep ESC at or below 115C
(**) Burst amps defined as amperage sustainable without damage to controller for a period of 5 (five) seconds. Burst should not be encountered again until ESC has returned to normal temperature
(***) Weight refers solely to the circuit board and enclosure, if any. Weight measured without any wires or connectors.
Specifications subject to change without notice.